Vancouver is consistently ranked as one of the world's most livable cities and was the host of the 2010 Winter Olympic games, will be the home of the 10th International SIO conference! Nestled in between a rainforest, mountains and the Pacific Ocean on Canada's west coast, Vancouver is an unexpected jewel. Sophisticated, vibrant, and breathtaking, with a friendly and laid back vibe, Vancouver is home to a seemingly endless playground with activities and adventures for everyone. Inclusive, energetic, and genuine, Vancouver is your gateway to nature, culture, and leisure.
For more information about Vancouver visit: www.tourismvancouver.com
CONFERENCE LOCATION / ACCOMMODATIONS
The 10th International Conference of the Society for Integrative Oncology is being held at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 W Georgia Street in Vancouver, BC V6C 2W6, Canada.
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, a 'Castle in the City', is a landmark hotel in downtown Vancouver. Located just steps from Vancouver's business, shopping and entertainment district, it is the perfect place to explore Vancouver's spectacular scenery and vibrant lifestyle. The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is widely respected for meetings, weddings, and social events. With two grand ballrooms and 55,000 square feet of meeting space, it reflects the timeless luxury of Canada's iconic hotels. Hotel amenities include a state-of-the-art health club, indoor pool, and Absolute Spa.
Our Fairmont Gold floor features private check-in, lounge access, continental breakfast and afternoon canapés. Dining options at the Hotel Vancouver include Griffins restaurant, featuring bistro dining and decadent buffets. 900 West Lounge offers traditional Afternoon Tea, live entertainment and perfectly crafted cocktails.
Our lovable Canine Ambassadors, Mavis and Beau, welcome guests with pets and create a "pawsitively" wonderful home away from home at our pet-friendly hotel in Vancouver.
To learn more about our host hotel or to book your reservation click here.
North South Travel/UBC TravelSmart Program
North South Travel (NST) supports UBC's TravelSmart program by searching all avenues to locate the least expensive,logical options for all destinations. Over 21 years of working with UBC have given us a unique understanding of the importance of providing services that save the time and money. Click here to visit North South Travel/UBC Travel Smart Program.
NST is proud to offer the following:
AIR PROGRAM & DISCOUNTS:
- Air Canada, Lufthansa, United and Star Alliance: UBC negotiated discounted fares on Air Canada and its Star Alliance partners.
- Westjet: Westjet's agreement provides UBC with discount off all fare types within North America excluding Hawaii.
- Cathay Pacific - negotiated fares on some Cathay Pacific fare types including business class.
- North South Travel - international discounts on Business, Economy Plus and Economy class fares.
- Air Canada Latitude flight passes: East West Connector Canada. Processed with a Journal voucher.
Experienced and specialized UBC travel advisors with insider connections to Sales Reps are on board to assist you with all of your travel needs from simple to complicated itineraries to reduce complexity and ensure smart choices, taking the hassle and worry out of the booking process.
- Worldwide 24/7/365 assistance via toll free phone numbers, in the event of an emergency or unexpected situation.
NST GOLD CONCIERGE SERVICE:
Travel Professionals teamed with NST's Concierge group to ensure that you will enjoy unprecedented access to a wealth of amenities and experiences that will ensure your travel is unparalleled. Some of the services we can assist you with are:
- Suggestions and reservations for top restaurants;
- Access to best tickets to all events including theater, converts, and sports;
- Access to select VIP lounges at airports;
- Limousine, sedan and private chauffeur services;
- Tee time reservations and referrals to golf course
NST AND EPIC RIDES:
Whistler Shuttle Service can be booked directly at Epic Rides.
Epic Rides offers daily shuttle service from Vancouver to Whistler. Epic Rides is quick and affordable CAD $35.00+Tax round trip.
For additional information, general info, UBC policies/procedures, programs and travel resources, and more: please click here to visit the UBC TravelSmart Website.
To visit the UBC Related Travel Online Registration Website click here.